My mother’s side of the family has really thin hair, especially the woman, and over the years my hair has thinned out more and more. More so during and after my pregnancy (approx. 10 years ago). Since then, I’ve always purchased expensive shampoos, conditioners and products trying to maintain the integrity of my hair. Now that I’m in my early 40s, I can see another changes in my hair texture and its thinned-out more but I hide it well (at least I try to). Last year I had some stressful moments (like losing my job twice) and I saw big chunks of hair strands that had fallen out in the shower – I was modified. I even used Rogaine for several months! I had to apply it every night, it was sticky, it wasn’t fun and I would forget to apply it. I did see some new hair growth but I was told that once I stopped using Rogaine, it would fall out again. Also, Rogaine is a drug and with any drug, you may experience side-effects (i.e. scalp irritation, unwanted growth of facial hair, swelling, headache, dizziness, etc.) – totally not worth it!
In one of my monthly classes on Essential Oils, I met a girl who told me about the types of oils that can help hair grow. She showed me her before & after pictures and I was really impressed. She gave me the recipe and I added one other additional essential oil (Ylang-Ylang) to the mix. Ylang-Ylang is known to strengthen, moisturize, and reduce hair loss.
Here’s the Recipe:
Hair Growth Oil Mix
1.5 oz – Fractionated Coconut Oil
1.5 oz – Jojoba Oil
2.5 oz – Avocado Oil
1 oz – Almond Oil
.5 oz – Castor Oil
30 drops – Argan Oil
30 drops – Rosemary Essential Oil
30 drops – Peppermint Essential Oils
15 drops – Ylang Ylang Essential Oils
5 drops – Horsetail Extract
Put all the oils in an applicator bottle with slant tip and apply once a week
For those who are interested, below are some of my other daily hair routine:
- I’ve been using Nioxin System 3 (shampoo & conditioner) for the past 3 years, I buy it from Amazon (way cheaper) and I wash my hair every other day.
- For my gray hair, I use medium brown “demi-permanent” hair color, I buy my color at Sally’s Beauty Supply but when I see my hairstylist he uses the brand Redken.
- Demi-permanent contains no ammonia but has a small amount of peroxide and will color the hair better than Semi-permanent.
- Demi-permanent turns my grays into a golden brown color, they look like natural highlights (its super cool!).
- Once a week I use my DIY Hair Growth Oil Treatment (I just started this week) and below are my “before pics” … stay tuned for the after pics!
WHERE TO PURCHASE SUPPLIES:
- Jojoba Oil – at Amazon: click here
- Almond Oil – at Amazon: click here
- Argan Oil – at Amazon: click here
- Avocado Oil – at Amzon: click here
- Castor Oil – at Amazon: click here
- Horsetail Oil – at Amazon: click here
- Nioxin Shampoo & Conditioner: click here
- Coconut Oil, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang, Peppermint Essential Oils – contact me
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.